Flame-proof ATEX/IECEx approved Series AT3A3000 Photohelic® Switch/Gages, function as versatile, highly repeatable pressure switches combined with a precise pressure gage employing the time-proven Magnehelic® gage design. The Photohelic® switch/ gage measures and controls positive, negative or differential pressures of air and compatible gases. Standard models are rated to 25 psig (1.7 bar) with options to 35 psig (2.4 bar) or 80 psig (5.5 bar). Two phototransistor actuated, DPDT relays are included for low/high limit control. Easy to adjust set point indicators are controlled by knobs located on the gage face (accessible opening case after de-energizing instrument). Set points can be interlocked to provide variable dead band– ideal for control of fans, dampers, etc. Gage reading is continuous and unaffected by switch operation, even during loss of electrical power. Flame-proof enclosures are available in aluminum with glass window which allows for viewing of set point needles and process pressure.
Important notes for installation:
• Cables must be fitted through 1/2″ NPT cable gland or ATEX/IECEx conduit (not supplied with instrument).
• Make sure after cabling to close tight cover and cable gland, in order to keep IP66 rating (IP65 with option OPV, overpressure relief valve).
• Open cover only after de-energizing instrument.
• Attention: Check local safety rules and warnings on unit and manual for a correct use of the instrument in hazardous area.
- Hazardous area pressure measurement and switching
- Air conditioning systems
- Clean rooms
- Fume exhaust systems