The SERIES EFS2 Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor is designed for pipe sizes from 1 to 12″ and comes in three different materials (stainless steel, brass and PVC). There are a variety of custom fittings to choose from to ensure accurate fitting in the pipe. The Series EFS2 is useful for any applications where moving parts would be a problem, such as dirty liquids. It can handle applications where there are rapid changes in viscosity and flow. Other applications include small pipes and chemical metering pumps.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The EFS2 is a liquid flow meter that uses the conductivity of fluids to measure flow rate. Liquid flow through its magnetic field produces a voltage that is measured and translated into an output signal. It has a pulse frequency output which can be used with the Series RTI to indicate flow rate and total, as well as the Series BAT signal converter which provides an analog signal.
• Series BAT, Blind Analog Transmitter, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output. Unit is loop powered, fits on the enclosure of the meter, and is fields spannable.
• Series RTI2, Rate Total Indicator, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output with local flow rate and totalization display. Unit is loop powered, can fit on the enclosure of the meter, and provides a high/low flow alarm.
• Series PWD, Pulse Divider, for use with pacing electronic metering pumps. Unit divides the input frequency to any number from 1 to 9999 with the use of rotary switches to suit a number of metering pump inputs.
Note: Need to purchase with Series EFF fitting for proper installation.
- Contaminated liquid flow monitoring
- Flow of conductive liquids
- Water & wastewater treatment
- Industrial systems
- Irrigation applications
- Telemetry applications